The Eastern Crabbet Arabian Horse Society was organized on December 4, 1994 for the preservation of Arabian horses that trace their lineage to the original Arabian horses utilized by W. S. and Lady Ann Blunt, Judith, Lady Wentworth, C. Covey, The Crabbet Stud of England, and The Sheyk Obeyd Stud of Egypt. The Society’s purpose is to promote the purity, beauty, utility, tractability, and versatility of Arabian horses descending from the Crabbet sources.
People often ask, “What benefits do I get for ECAHS Membership?”. Here a few:
- Mentoring by Crabbet Breeders and Owners with many years of experience.
- Opportunity to build lasting friendships with people of common interest.
- Inclusion in the Annual ECAHS Directory to help spread the word about you and your horses.
- Access to the ECAHS membership to help you sell your horses.
- Access to the ECAHS membership to help you locate a new horse.
- Monthly Newsletter with educational articles and member news.
- ECAHS certification of your horses at a discounted rate.
- ECAHS Website and Facebook Page.
- ECAHS items available on Cafe Press
- Access to the ECAHS archives.
- Opportunity to mentor a youth through the John W. (Jack) Sims Youth Challenge.
- Opportunity to participate (in person or by conference call) at any Board of Directors meetings. Members may voice opinions, concerns, suggestions.
- One vote for individual members and two votes for family/farm memberships.
- Opportunity to participate in a farm advertisement in a national publication at a discounted rate.
- The annual Crabbet Celebration, our annual event that brings Crabbet people and horses together for a celebration of everything that is good about the Crabbet Arabian including educational opportunities to further our enjoyment and understanding of these fantastic creatures.
- ECAHS Stallions at Stud listing to be posted on the ECAHS website.
- ECAHS horses for sale.
But most of all, you get out of ECAHS what you put into it. Members are always welcomed and encouraged to volunteer to serve on committees and participate on the Board of Directors. Suggestions on how to improve our organization are always welcome. Come see for yourself what we are.